Do you want to get fit and have fun?
Join us for an Adventure Walk with a Workout!
Monthly walks once a month on Sundays 10-12
Free taster sessions arranged regularly
Nordic Walking Benefits:
- Burns nearly twice as many calories as ordinary walking
- Reduces the strain on knees and joints and is great for back, neck and shoulder problems
- Over 90% of the body’s major muscles are used
- Great cardio exercise reducing risk of heart disease and stroke
- Increases energy by boosting circulation and increasing oxygen supply to the body
- Can be done anywhere, anytime and is the perfect way to boost vitamin D whilst enjoying the outdoors
- Outdoor exercise is proven to have a positive effect on the state of mind reducing stress and anxiety
- Sociable, fun and suitable for all levels
Nordic Walking is a specific fitness technique and is not to be confused with trekking, hill walking or trail running as the poles are not planted in front of the walker/ runner but in a specific way that increases the use of the upper body. Nordic Walking uses poles in order to add two major benefits to walking:
- The use of poles means the upper body muscles are used as well as the legs
- The poles help to propel the walker along – this means you work harder than usual yet the support given by the poles makes it feel easier!
The 2 hour walks will be led by local Nordic Walking Instructor Kerry King
The walks are suitable for experienced Nordic Walkers, although you can contact Kerry direct on 07481 863660 who will be happy to arrange a free trial for beginners prior to the session.
The walk will last around 2 hours, covering approximately 5 miles with a midpoint stop off at a local tea room. Poles will be provided – all you need is sensible footwear (trainers or walking shoes ideally), a small rucksack with waterproof jacket and water.
Dates: Sunday 4th September; Sunday 9th October; Sunday 6th November
Times: 10am – 12 noon
Meet: Cheshire Natural Health car park
Cost: £10 per session (sessions cancelled less than 48 hrs notice are chargeable).
Free taster sessions: Saturday 13th August 10.15am; Wednesday 31st August 6.30pm.
Places are limited so contact us as soon as possible to book your place.
Tel: 01925 730123 – email: [email protected]Share