As we start to reopen the clinic to face to face treatments we have implemented certain changes to keep our staff and clients as safe as possible at this difficult time. We want to make sure that everyone feels confident attending clinic for their appointments.
We have always maintained high hygiene and safety standards, and have now extended these in the light of COVID-19 requirements, including:
- Perspex screen on the reception desk
- No waiting in reception area (where possible)
- Staggered appointment times as much as possible
- Hand sanitisers in all rooms
- No magazines or brochures in the clinic
- Therapists wearing PPE as required by their governing bodies
- Regular cleaning of touch surfaces
- Thorough cleaning of treatment rooms between clients
- Increased cleaning of common areas
- Non wipeable coverings (pillow cases, towels, blankets) removed from treatment rooms or replaced after each client
- No fans to be used in rooms
- Contactless or on-line payment where possible
Please be aware of the following general requirements when you attend the clinic for an appointment:
- Please wear a mask to the appointment- don’t worry if you do not have a mask, we will have them available for you to buy at £1 each
- Please do not arrive before your appointment time. The therapist will take you immediately into the treatment room
- Where possible we will not allow anyone to wait in the reception. If it is necessary to wait in reception then social distancing must be respected. It will also be possible to wait in the outside patio which is under cover
- You may be asked to pay by BACs or on-line via Paypal. The therapist will contact you in advance of the appointment with instructions on how to pay. If this is not possible you can pay on the day using contactless card payment
- We will not be able to offer drinks so please bring your own drink with you if required
- We will ask you to use hand sanitiser as soon as you enter the treatment room
- We will contact you by telephone or email the day before your appointment to go through a few screening questions to make sure that it is appropriate for you to attend the appointment
- If you display any of the symptoms of COVID-19- listed as cough, fever, shortness of breath or loss of taste/ smell, please let us know so that we can rearrange your appointment. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND CLINIC
- Individual therapists may have their own specific procedures which will be sent to you by the therapist if this is required.
We have assessed our practice for risks outlined and put in additional processes as detailed below
- Date of risk assessment: 1st June 2020. Review date: 1st July 2020 and monthly until Dec 2020. Thereafter as required.
To read the full risk assessment and the measures we have taken you can open either a Word Doc or a PDF doc (links below)
In case of any questions relating to these policies, please contact us.