• What’s High School, College or University really like?
• Will I be able to cope with the work?
• Will it be stressful?
• Will it be difficult going from being one of the oldest to one of the youngest?
• How am I going to make friends?
• How will I survive away from home in a strange place?
You may not know a lot of people when you move. Maybe your friends from school or college are going to a different place of study. Even if you do know other people, you might still feel nervous and anxious.
Culture shock isn’t a clinical term or medical condition. It’s simply a common way to describe the confusing and nervous feelings a person may have after leaving a familiar culture or place to live in a new and different one. When you move to a new place, you’re bound to face a lot of changes. That can be exciting and stimulating, but it can also be overwhelming. You may feel sad, anxious, frustrated, and want to go home.
It’s natural to have difficulty adjusting but if the thoughts of moving into your new place of study fills you with dread and is affecting your summer we are here to help. Talking through your worries and concerns with a counsellor helps you process your thoughts and feelings, make sense of the changes ahead and empowers you to embrace your new journey feeling mentally and physically ready.
Our specialist Children’s and Young People Counsellor, Martine Martinus offers a 6 week support programme to help young people prepare for the next stage in their life. Call us now on 01925 730123 or book your appointment on-line here.
Anxious about moving to High School, College or University?
Free support for young people affected by Manchester terror attack
Professional Ear Wax Removal
- Discover our 6 great stress busting tips 7th May 2020
- 5 Herbs for our Time 23rd April 2020
- Hay Fever – you don’t have to suffer… 20th April 2020
- What to do when your world turns upside down 17th April 2020
- Counselling and CBT- telephone and Skype consultations available 14th April 2020
- Articles (67)
- Home Page Sticky Posts x 6 (6)
- Homepage latest news (3)
- In The Press (38)
- Latest News & Events (117)
- Meet the Team (15)
- News (5)
- News on Homepage (5)
- Nutrition (25)
- Special Offers (16)
- Tips for getting pregnant (10)
- Treatments (37)
- Uncategorised (5)
- Uncategorized (30)
- Workshop and Events (18)